After a fresh paint job, the most important thing you can do is take extra precautions to keep your car or truck looking great. The following are a few tips on taking care of your vehicle’s new paint job:
- Start by properly washing your car with a paint-safe microfiber washing mitt, and cleaning products appropriate for automotive use
- Use 100% cotton clothes, sheepskin chamois or other paint-safe drying towels
- Get your vehicle detailed to remove any bug residue, pollution or tree sap
- Avoid aggressive rubbing compounds in favor of car polish
- Waxing your car is one of the most important things you can do to protect your new paint job; use it right after you have cleaned and polished your car
Before washing your car, it’s a good idea to keep your car out of direct sunlight. Paint should be cool to the touch before you apply any cleaning product or wax. It’s also important to spray your car down with water before washing. This will spray off any dirt and contaminate that could scratch your car if you start cleaning it with a sponge or cloth. It’s also a good idea to wash and rinse your car in sections so that the soap doesn’t dry on the paint before it can be washed off. As always, be sure to read all directions on car care products before using.
Looking to get a custom paint job on your vehicle? Main Source Collision in Cumming. GA employs a number of skilled craftsmen offering custom paint services that will turn your vision into reality. Our custom paint services extend to everything, including cars, trucks, RV’s, motorcycles and personal watercrafts! For more information the custom paint services we provide, call us today at 770.889.1331.